Saturday, July 17, 2010

"I Write Like" Website: Me = Stephen King, Other Bloggers = David Foster Wallace


I write like
Stephen King

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!



A new website, I Write Like, analyzes a few paragraphs of your writing and tells you what pro author shares your prose.

Try it out yourself! Visitors can also cut & paste others' writing for analysis, which sometimes yields interesting results. For example:
Lady Gaga's lyrics to "Alejandro" = William Shakespeare.

Mel Gibson leaked phone calls = Margaret Atwood.
I ran comparisons on a few of my favorite blogs and they all came back the same:

BlazingCatFur = David Foster Wallace.

PZ Myers' Pharyngula = David Foster Wallace

NY Times Blogs Freakonomics = David Foster Wallace

Hmmm, I wonder if there's some reason why bloggers I find interesting write like Mr. Wallace.

2 comments :

Blazing Cat Fur said...

Ali Mallah writes like Mary Shelley!

bulletproofcourier said...

Haha excellent, LOL ;)