Monday, October 26, 2009

H1N1 Vaccine is Safe and Wise, Get it




I'll be getting the H1N1 flu shot soon (stay tuned for video) and will be feeling very superior to those who avoid the shot and later contract the illness.

It's understandable that people are skeptical about the government wanting to inject them with the secret sauce of science.

But a high school education and five minutes of proper research on the internet will assure any reasonable person that vaccines in Canada - including this one - are a safe and tested bet. Our scientists are honest and very competent, especially when they're re-using a proven technology that already spares many thousands of people and families the pain, suffering and death of diseases past and present.

For anyone in the real cheap seats, VACCINES DO NOT CAUSE AUTISM.

I think it's very interesting that people who are against vaccines are also very likely to answer "yes" to the following questions:

Was 9/11 an inside job?

Is it possible that free energy technology is being suppressed by industry or government?

Did someone other than Lee Harvey Oswald participate in the JFK assassination?

Any chance that NASA faked the moon landing?

Is the world being influenced by a secret cabal of powerful super-rich elites acting behind the scenes?

If you answered "yes" to any of the above questions, congratulations - you're a conspiracy theorist! You are cherry-picking some facts and ignoring others to confirm what you already believe about the world. Which could easily include a government conspiracy to push an unsafe vaccine on it's population.

I invite everyone to join me in getting vaccinated for H1N1, and let reason overcome the irresponsible media coverage and pseudo-science confusion that has dogged this issue from day one.

I'll see you in health!



3 comments :

Jared said...

Excellent post! I'm tired of listing to the anti-science crowd bemoan the secret dangers of vaccines. Perhaps they'd prefer to live back in the "good ol' days" of smallpox, polio, mumps and rubella.

Dennis'much to do about nothing blog said...

Got my shot yesterday and still alive today to post it - and no I didn't que jump as I have caregiver status because of a family member's illness - my arm is a little sore but I am told that is normal.

Carol Hu said...

I won't get the shot. :)
I rely on my own immune system rather than medicines or vaccinias. My co-worker's 4 year old daughter got H1N1 and recovered all by herself without any medicines, so I think H1N1 is not a big deal.
Did you guys get flu shots as well? It says flu causes more death than H1N1...